Thursday, May 05, 2005

Finishing Up and To Be Continued...

We had about 100 people who gathered for a special noon time prayer service on our land at Southridge. It was a beautiful day! The sounds and sights of God's grand creation were just perfect. What a wonderful place to pause and praise Him! What a wonderful place to plead with Him for continued blessing on our great land and on His church family at Bible Center!

With the service today, we concluded 40 Days of Passion and Prayer. We have been praying that God would keep us focused on His passion for us as people, His mission to us as His followers, and His vision for us at Bible Center. Several have relayed to me that God has worked on them during these 40 days in unique ways. God even used this period to convict one man of some drug use that had been going on a long time in his life. Others have mentioned ways in which God had convinced them about specific aspects of their financial giving to the Lord. Many have enjoyed being reminded to pray for Bible Center because of the awareness bracelet.

God has truly blessed the Bible Center family over the years. We pray that as we remain faithful and God blesses us, others will see that truly what is happening in and through the people of Bible Center is a "God thing."

While the 40 days have concluded, keep praying for God to guide us in the planning of the new property. Keep praying that God would provide the financial resources through His people that will be necessary to do what He has called us to do.

I will continue posting blogs for a while. I have enjoyed blogging daily, but can't promise that there will be new blogs every single day. I may post a verse or song that has stood out to me. Who knows, maybe I'll post a joke or two. But, I will try to share what God is doing in my life, what He is teaching me, what He is using to challenge me, and how He is involved in even the simplest and silliest things that occur in my day.

So I conclude this 40 days of blogging with: To be continued...