Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Car Wash

On my way in to the office today, I decided to wash the car. It was covered with pollen and I don't need any more tree pollen around. It also had a great deal of mud and dirt on it from being on our Southridge property. Anyway, it was a mess, so I ran it through the car wash at the gas station.

I drove a good distance to have lunch today. By the time I got back, there were bugs all over the windshield and pollen all over the car. It was amazing to see how filthy the car got by the end of the day. Obviously, another wash was needed. But, it will eventually end up getting dirty again.

How true this is of us as God's children! We are completely cleansed by God when we receive Christ as Savior, but he periodically cleans us up again as needed. It is needed when we as His children sin. He has forgiven us once and for all, and because of that provides us the periodic washings needed to remain in tune with Him.

Thank God for His cleansing!