Thursday, March 31, 2005

Disappointed I Didn't Get There

With yesterday being such a beautiful day, I had every intention of getting out on our new church property at Southridge. Spring days like the one we experienced yesterday are great days to roam around the land and pray. Two years ago, we were beginning to look at the possibility of this land as the place for us to relocate our facilities. Last spring, we were in the process of buying it. Each year, I have thoroughly enjoyed walking around the land and observing the creative beauty of it while talking with God.

From the very start of the day yesterday, I planned to take an hour or so to go out to the property and pray, but it didn't work out. I, like most people who were working yesterday, did not get out of the office to bask in the sunny glow of such a gorgeous spring day. The tyranny of the urgent robbed me of the opportunity. Such is life! But, I am disappointed I didn't get there. God has used those times of fellowship with Him as sweet and stirring moments in my life personally and professionally.

Next time it is nice out, I am there. Let me suggest that you take the time to get out and pray on the land in the coming days. If you are not sure where it is or how to best access it, call the church and ask the receptionist for help.

Please go out to the land and pray. Prayer is what will provide us the right plans for the use of the land. Prayer is the means by which God will provide the finances for our relocation. Prayer is what will most dramatically impact the timing of our move.

Prayer is what will ultimately get us all out there!